Friday, November 6, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt


I'm back everyone! In GT, we are learning about composition techniques when taking a photo, such as framing, rule of thirds, etc. I really believe that the most unique and important technique is Flat Angle, as it helps the subject stand out, instead of searching for the subject throughout the background. It also helps the audience see small objects, such as ants or birds. For example, ever seen a movie where the subject is quite invisible? As you have to search the entire screen to find the designated subject.

I really believe that the Point of View is the most hardest composition technique. As when taking it, its hard to make it realistic as possible. While at the same time, keeping it still to meet the requirements for a good shot or video. I believe the only way to use it more is to just keep trying to get it the best you can! We're human, we're made to make a few mistakes.

During this project, my team consisted of a total of 3 people. Which are me, Nicholas, and Elijah. We all played a variety of different parts in the Composition Scavenger hunt. Nicholas was the "main" speaker, he was able to clearly speak and change the description of each technique, to correctly fit all areas of grammar and spelling. Elijah was another speaker, he helped us pick useful locations to fit the techniques, allowing us to create a nice and well-thought video. And last, but obviously not least..me! I was the "camera-man" trying my best to keep the camera as still as possible as-well to keep my fingers out of the camera lens. Now for editing...I helped to pick transitions for the video, as-well taking out the pad and the not-needed shots. Nicholas helped with the transitions/music. And Elijah, helped us find all of our mistakes in the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment