Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

Hi everyone! Summer just ended and I am back in the Gifted and Talented program! Our first project for 2016 - 2017 GT is a Poetic Personal Statement. I think poetry is a very interesting and mysterious art. Poets tend to precisely tell a story or/and express feelings through a fluent, well thought paragraphs. Famous people, such as William Shakespeare did poetry to express their feelings or write about past experiences. Poetry also has a appealing fluency to it, (it rhymes). To sum it all up, Poetry is a way for someone to express their feelings in writing form.

The ocean breeze around me, shooting from the north sea.
I walk around my house, carefree.
Ocean waves pounding across the sand from the bay.
Ideas around me, bright as the day.
My imagination taking flight, despite the fights.
My soul peaceful, blocking out all types of evil. 

In my poetic statement (above), I used rhyme by rhyming the last word of every sentence. For example, I would say something like "I live by the bay. The time is day.". To help me with that I used a website called Rhyme Zone where you can give it a word and it will generate words that rhyme with that certain word. If I were to put in the word rhyme, words like slime would come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment